Monday, February 17, 2014

Print Your Pictures {Green Bay Area Photographer}

I am heart broken. Devastated. Sad face. Nobody died. Nobody "real," anyways. My external hard drive died.

One of the most frequent requests I get from clients is, "Do I get digital files?" And the answer is, "Yes." That has been my operating model since I started in business. That is what you, my clients, resoundingly ask for, so that is what I provide.

But here's the thing...digital images don't really exist. Sure, you saw them. You shared them. You liked them on Facebook. You maybe tweeted or instagrammed them. But do they exist? Did you print them? How will your children see them? How will their children see them? Are they in a baby book? Are they on your wall? Are you counting on Facebook to be around to show your children what they looked like growing up? (guilty)

Everything is fallible. Your computer. A hard drive. A USB. A disc (including the one that I burned your images to). Your memories are not safe here. Back them up. Print your pictures. Have them in multiple locations.

I know. You are waiting for a great deal. You aren't sure which one to pick. You are waiting until payday. Waiting until your mom comes to help you decide. Waiting until you paint your living room so you know which one will "go."

So, here's what "died" for me that day.

I will never be able to print these as a canvas for her wall.



This will never make it in to his "baby" book.



These are gone.

So is Christmas, the first days of school, and so many other.

Please, don't let your images sit on that disc that I gave you.

Print your pictures. 

3 comments:

  1. And this is why I am a consultant with Ahni & Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I am a consultant with Ahni & Zoe! I LOVE what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! This is useful for those who is looking for the San Francisco Photography In USA. Keep Sharing such information blog.

    ReplyDelete